Sad Reminders

An Unofficial Mark Kozelek Site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

This forum is now READ ONLY. The new forum is here. Read why we have a new forum here.

#1 12-18-2003 10:20pm

Luke
Website

Painters Posters - Do they exist?

Where can I get my hands on Red House Painters posters?  I've looked all over the internet and can't find any.  I know godawful mentioned a "bridge release poster" that he has...

#2 12-19-2003 8:12am

acab

Re: Painters Posters - Do they exist?

i have posters for all the albums.
they can found occassionally on ebay.com

#3 12-19-2003 11:32am

lament
Site Owner
Website

definitely check eBay.  you can save your search in eBay and eBay will email you when your search comes online.  just type in red house painters poster and on the right click "Add to My Favorite Searches."

i have a beautiful Down Colorful Hill poster that I had framed.  i love it.

#4 12-19-2003 1:16pm

craig

Though not technically an RHP poster, I just today ordered a new Mark Kozelek "What's Next to the Moon" poster from the Badman Records website, www.badmanrecordingco.com for only $5.

Again, it's not an RHP poster per se but unlike the ones on ebay, it doesn't end up selling for $50.  (Two official 4ad posters of the bridge and rollercoaster albums just went for that much each on an auction I was watching this past month.)

#5 12-19-2003 1:37pm

lament
Site Owner
Website

yup. i paid nearly $50 for the Down Colorful Hill poster, but it was well worth it.

#6 12-19-2003 3:51pm

Luke
Website

Thanks for your help, guys!  I'll be sure to check out eBay and the Badman Records website.

#7 12-19-2003 8:06pm

Staralfur

I received an excellent Old Ramon poster in the mail when I ordered White Christmas Live from Sub Pop last year. Very cool...

Estaba pensando sobreviviendo con mi sister en New Jersey...
Rock Me, Joe!

#8 12-06-2011 9:56pm

Cruiser64

I was going through some stuff recently and found three 18" x 24" promotional posters for SFABG.  It is the cover art.  One I am going to frame, and the other two I am willing to give away to nice folks (I am in the US, so if you are that is preferable for postage reasons).  One is in good condition with some tape marks on the back where it was affixed to a wall back in the day, and the other has a couple of mild diagonal creases in it.  I think the creased one was handed out at the concert in '96 and I had to carry it home without a tube.  The other ones were sent to me from the record company when I signed up for a mailing list.  I have a letter to that effect and some similar postcards with the tour itinerary.

If there are more than two people interested I will draw names from a hat.  I won't be shipping until after the holidays though because the post office lines are bad this time of year.

#9 12-06-2011 10:33pm

seven1082000

Wow, how very generous. I'd be very interested in one of those.

Cruiser64 wrote:

I was going through some stuff recently and found three 18" x 24" promotional posters for SFABG.  It is the cover art.  One I am going to frame, and the other two I am willing to give away to nice folks (I am in the US, so if you are that is preferable for postage reasons).  One is in good condition with some tape marks on the back where it was affixed to a wall back in the day, and the other has a couple of mild diagonal creases in it.  I think the creased one was handed out at the concert in '96 and I had to carry it home without a tube.  The other ones were sent to me from the record company when I signed up for a mailing list.  I have a letter to that effect and some similar postcards with the tour itinerary.

If there are more than two people interested I will draw names from a hat.  I won't be shipping until after the holidays though because the post office lines are bad this time of year.

#10 12-06-2011 10:54pm

MD

Cruiser64 wrote:

definitely interested, too!  let me know.

#11 12-07-2011 12:04am

Make Like Paper 420

i'm dead keen on the offer cruiser (and also dropped you a message here on sadreminders). thanks for the offer! very kind of you.

#12 12-07-2011 4:38am

Concern Charity Fundrazer

I checked the Badman website and while there don't appear to be any What's Next to the Moon posters left The Shanti Project and John Denver Tribute album posters are and at "fi dollaz" are excellent value.
I'm not sure if there were any RHP t-shirts available either and the SKM ones are pretty lame considering the excellent posters The Small Stakes has done over the years how difficult would it be to get decent t-shirts done? I collect t-shirts especially at gigs Ive enjoyed and have picked up soime brilliant ones over the years. I'm in my forties and t-shirts for kids are big sellers for artists who recognise that the next generation are a great market (picked up a Belle and Sebastian bib at a gig last year as a Christmas present for a one year old).

Last edited by Concern Charity Fundrazer (12-07-2011 4:44am)

#13 09-18-2012 4:42am

Jebus Sabes

Not a poster, but you'll like this Melody Maker magazine cover from 1993, with Mark:
http://lightfromadeadstar.org/Press/Con … 0cover.jpg

#14 09-18-2012 6:59am

Gurkov

Miki and Mark, what a pairing! big_smile

Board footer