The Twilight Sad

This band has been playing with the Cure for quite some time and they're one of my favorites, so I figured I'd give them some love and their own thread.

They've got a new record coming in January, titled It Won/t Be Like This All the Time, coming out through Mogwai's label Rock Action.

There's three songs from the record out, the newest one being released today. It's called VTr and it's pretty amazing.

And of course, their four prior albums are worth your time, Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters especially.

Comments

• WDSWDS

This is great, thanks Drop. Love the Twilight Sad.

• Excellent band. I played their first 2 albums a lot. Kept up with their other stuff though I haven’t played the last couple as much. First came across them supporting Mogwai. Sadly only saw them play one song, would have watched the whole set if I knew how good they were. We walked in the venue as they started ‘and she would darken the memory’ and it gives me goosebumps now thinking about it. Absolutely epic finale

I also love ‘that summer, at home I had become the invisible boy’ (named after a quote from the film Stand By Me). It features the classic line ‘the cunt sits at his desk, and he’s plotting away’ which always makes me smile.

Also watched them support The Cure. Great to see them together. The band are big Cure fans and Robert Smith is a big Twilight Sad fan.

Not heard the new songs yet, will have a listen. I’d actually buy their album without hearing a single note from it, something I can no longer do with Koz

@Thunderbolt said:
    Not heard the new songs yet, will have a listen. I’d actually buy their album without hearing a single note from it, something I can no longer do with Koz

Oh yeah that reminds me I forgot to put the preorder link: https://store.thetwilightsad.com/

Bleep also has blue vinyl: https://bleep.com/release/108744-the-twilight-sad-it-wont-be-like-this-all-the-time