New Koz = so boring

what the hell happened to Koz? ...lately, So Boring!

sometimes i think he's in his "Slow Train Coming/Saved" phase.
it's a real problem that i'm sympathetic too.... what the hell do you do when you're getting older and inspiration is in short supply? [and you've built your life on one option]
another option is... have some dignity and be a sideman. see this: http://dannybarnes.com/blog/how-play-someone-elses-band i mean no offense to Danny, who is frickin' awesome... he just has a humble and bitingly smart sense of perspective. it's like Steve Shelley and those other guys read the article instead of Koz, but to a less successful outcome.

AND i'm willing to cut some slack, but lately... come on!

even the greatest artists can shit and vomit on a canvas and guess what it looks like?
shit and vomit on a canvas.

let me quote from Buckner on L. Cohen: "I think about people who were once great and no longer are, like Leonard Cohen. People who used to be able to write and no longer can write. And I wonder what happened. I'm sure he didn't expect that to happen to him."

http://cwas.hinah.com/interview/?id=36

Sad!!

Comments

• haha, who the f*ck is richard buckner?

• indeed!

don't blame me cuz i voted for him.

In Leonard's defense, he didn't start declining until his 60s. The Future was still a good album.

• Plenty of people think Cohen's still making decent-to-good records. Personally I've never loved any of Cohen's post-folk material, but I don't see how The Future and Popular Problems are particularly different in quality.

• I've seen Koz's future, it is murder...

I have found LC's last four studio albums to be kind of weak, but maybe they deserve another listen. He has a new one coming out this fall as well produced by his son.

@KozFan said:
    He has a new one coming out this fall as well produced by his son.

His what? From his songs I always thought he didn't have kids - "what kind of man travels and sings no kids no food to bring".

• Crayon, this thread has, mercifully, been diverted into discussion about Leonard Cohen.

@Sergei_Walankov said:
    Crayon, this thread has, mercifully, been diverted into discussion about Leonard Cohen.

Oh! Thanks, I guess that'a what you get from not reading all the comments! Adam Cohen V Jakob Dylan....I know who I'd vote for ;-)

Just my opinion but if the 1st track from his latest album is anything to by it promises to be a classic