Blindfold

So I was driving around today with my IPod on shuffle, when this beast of a song comes on. I hadn't listened to it in years, and I clearly connected with again. I started thinking why does mark never play this live? I'm sure he could do an arrangement easily for the acoustic sets. I just don't understand. Does he not like it? I don't think I've ever heard a live version of it either.

Comments

I really love the 1st half of the song...not so keen about the 2nd half

And did you notice that he plays (what I think is) a classical guitar in the first part?
    I think that's the first recorded song on which he uses his now beloved nylon-string instrument.

• @MrHanky said:
    I really love the 1st half of the song...not so keen about the 2nd half

it took me a few listens to appreciate the second half. I think it adds a lot of depth to the song. This has to be one of the most underrated songs of his discography, IMHO.

Great song - love the Bridge album. Love all the 4AD RHP albums. In fact I love every RHP album. Hard to believe Blindfold was written by the same man who wrote 'Dogs'

• @Thunderbolt said:
    Great song - love the Bridge album. Love all the 4AD RHP albums. In fact I love every RHP album. Hard to believe Blindfold was written by the same man who wrote 'Dogs'

Yeah, I'm not into the new style either. Has anyone heard this live?

probably my favorite track off of Bridge.

could be the definition of sad core that song (the first half anyway). it would be a hard live one, as how to perform
    great song though,