Hillbilly t-shirt is available for pre-order

edited September 2014 in Mark Kozelek

At Caldo. T-shirt. Ships September 23rd. Hopefully in black.

"ALL YOU FUCKIN' HILLBILLIES SHUT THE FUCK UP"

Comments

What's a hillbilly's favorite vegetable?

Pump kin.

• It isn't available in hillbilly sizes XL and XXL, so that doesn't make any sense.

Wow, i thought you were just kidding. This is pretty hilarious. I am an XL, but gonna buy this in L and lose some weight just so I can wear this :)

• wow. I think that's a pretty good idea. Being the Koz fanboy that I am I feel the strong desire to buy one but I would like to know what I'm buying. Is it just the quote printed on some black t-shirt or does it have some kind of artwork like Mark's wobble neck from the side...???

Not too many places one could wear that.

HaHa, I will wear it EVERYWHERE. Ordered.

• well, here you go everyone who's been desperate for new merch

Aaagh, no XL. I guess I'm not hillbilly enough. :(

Might just get a Large and lose some weight with mogambo. I've been meaning to drop a few pounds anyway.

@drop I did email CV to ask if they had any XL as well, doubt they do, but still thought i'd ask. In any case, i'm overdue for a bit of weight loss. Good on ol' Koz to give me that motivational push so that I can wear an offensive T shirt. It's a win win situation!

Looks like Koz couldn't wear his own shirt then.

This is hilarious..I genuinely thought this was a piss-take. Mark Kozelek loses sight of his member but finds his sense of humour. Just the text is enough I reckon

• AH HA HA HA! An absolute masterstroke from Mark! I'll also need to shed a couple of stone to carry off a Large shirt. I feel a weightloss thread coming on - come on folks, we can do it, a pound at a time, we must get into these shirts !

• I wonder how limited these are? He might only have printed 50 of each size! Maybe they should be numbered too!

• there's a photo now. the shut the fuck up part is written in big letters, the rest is small. just text. still undecided...^^

• Ordered......god help me....I still don't know why I bought it. It'd be awesome to frame it and stick it up on a wall.

• Better buy one now. Before they sell out and are going for $100+ on eBay. And btw, do these come with a new solo live album also?

XL is available.

He's lurking here!

GuyInTennisShoes said:
    Better buy one now. Before they sell out and are going for $100+ on eBay. And btw, do these come with a new solo live album also?

Yup the t-shirts come with the live album.

KozFan said:
    He's lurking here!

Might've been the Pitchfork and Stereogum articles. :)

But yeah.. about 10 years ago he was playing in LA (I was at the show), and he started to tell a story. He then stopped and said.. "oh wait. I probably shouldn't tell this story or else it will end up on sadwhiners.com tomorrow."

ha.

I meant adding XL.

• One Extra Large 'ALL YOU FUCKIN' HILLBILLIES SHUT THE FUCK UP' t-shirt ordered. Just need him to come to Northern UK so I can wear it to his gig

• edited September 2014 Posts: 687

I still can hardly believe Mark has put out these shirts. Absolutely hilarious! We wait ages for clothes merch and then he puts out a shirt festooned with the f-bomb based on a pissed-off interaction with a rowdy festival crowd. He's probably testing the theory that the Sad Whiners really WILL buy anything he sells on Caldo Verde.

I would like an April cover on a black tee.

• JRSJRS

1 x small ordered - skinny sad whiner dude with no girlfriend stylee (actually that's partly a lie, I am married).

• speaking of hilarious band t-shirts, I just ordered this one over the weekend:

• my shirt arrived today and looks great :-)

• Mine too!

• JRSJRS

I had a thought - are we going to start another thread of photos of us Sad Whiner Hillbillies wearing said t-shirts in weird and wonderful locations?

With or without pants?

Let's see those pics..