Retribution Gospel Choir, Detroit Bar 2005-09-08

edited August 2014 in Mark Kozelek

A recording just uploaded to the Live Music Archive. This is from the era when Mark Kozelek was a member of Retribution Gospel Choir:

https://archive.org/details/rgc2005-09-08

01 - Intro/Audience
02 - Poor Man's Daughter
03 - Breaker (Low) / Pretty People (Low)
04 - Hatchet (Low)
05 - Salvador Sanchez (Sun Kil Moon)
06 - Destroyer / Make Like Paper (Red House Painters)
07 - Take Your Time (Low)
08 - Carpet Crawlers (Mark Kozelek)
09 - Moonlight Mile (Rolling Stones) / Fearless (Pink Floyd)
10 - Kids
11 - Encore Break/Audience
12 - Duk Koo Kim (Sun Kil Moon)

Collection: RetributionGospelChoir
Band/Artist: Retribution Gospel Choir
Date: September 8, 2005 (check for other copies)
Venue: Detroit Bar

Source: Sony PCM-M1 + Sony ECM-77b (x2)
Lineage: DAT Master (48/16) --> Sony PCM-M1 --> Sony POC-DA12 (7-pin optical) --> Sony PCM-D100 (48/16) --> Audacity (tracks/labels only) --> Trader's Little Helper --> FLAC 8
Taped by: muchmusic
Notes
Straight transfer with tracks/labels added in Audacity.
Ended up being more of a Low / Kozelek show. Zero complaints. Some audience noise but not bad.

Comments

Thank you so much for this, I've been looking for one of these all over the place

has anybody been able to place the show that "Albuquerque" was taped with the full band? I believe it was with RGC but I could be wrong. Alan Sparhawk is definitely in the recording...

Awesome! Thank you for this @Jebus_Sabes

This is excellent stuff both in terms of the quality of the recording and the setlist

If you listen closely, you can hear me clapping at this show. :)

• sweet, downloading it now! thanks!!!

• Thanks for this! My band opened for RGC in Chicago in 2008. I was really hoping Koz would be in the line up but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) he wasn't. However, I did get to meet Alan Sparhawk who was super nice. I was a little afraid to talk to him because I really like Low. Anyway, they played an excellent set. I'm very excited to check this out and thanks for putting up with my humble brag! I wanted to tell you guys b/c who else would care?

Wow you are cooler than we even knew.

• salvador_sanchez said:
    Thanks for this! My band opened for RGC in Chicago in 2008. I was really hoping Koz would be in the line up but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) he wasn't. However, I did get to meet Alan Sparhawk who was super nice. I was a little afraid to talk to him because I really like Low. Anyway, they played an excellent set. I'm very excited to check this out and thanks for putting up with my humble brag! I wanted to tell you guys b/c who else would care?

I got to open for them in early 2010 in DC, and I completely understand. Basically was starstruck and essentially unable to talk to Alan Sparhawk like a normal person. Did talk to Eric Pollard for awhile though, and he was really cool