The Official "New Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon tour dates" Thread

12345679»

Comments

• edited April 2017 Posts: 1,053

June 3 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia at Theatre Royal.

• @mcmaurice where'd you get the info?

• edited April 2017 Posts: 368

thanks!

always takes a little time til it shows up on caldo verde.

The show at Le Guess Who festival was on the site for some time. it fits the schedule but the lineup for the festival is still a secret, so that is why it was probably deleted.

Hooray Vicar Street Dublin yet another new venue for Mark on 28th November and lots of other European dates also added on CVR...I wonder how many new albums he'll have released before then?

Sun Kil Moon Chicago October 3 at Old Town School of Folk Music.

https://www.oldtownschool.org/concerts/2017/10-03-2017-sun-kil-moon/

I keep forgetting to add to this thread when I tweet out the new dates.

Steve Shelley was just on drums to the Chicago, Boston and NY shows.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sun-kil-moon/2017/the-tuning-fork-auckland-new-zealand-23e7242b.html

1st date of current tour.Thought the setlist might be of interest

Neil Finn, interesting.

Cheers @MrHanky – adding to the threads I forgot to create. ;)

• @MrHanky said:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sun-kil-moon/2017/the-tuning-fork-auckland-new-zealand-23e7242b.html

1st date of current tour.Thought the setlist might be of interest

Thanks for posting that. Interesting to look back at how recent sets have evolved, I'd not got around to looking there for some time.

I'm sad to see The Possum is the only UT song appearing recently.

What's further frustrating is to see that Birds of Flims was played once or twice a while ago, but I've never come across a live version. Of all the UT album tracks, I can imagine this one best translating to a live acoustic guitar rendition.

I'd also love to hear Mark play This Is My First Day... on his guitar, as the one live version I've got is an awful festival gig, with just one pretty ropey sounding electric guitar playing some terribly simplified version of the riff on the album.

I've been trying keep up here, but haven't noticed any links to boots of recent gigs. If I've missed any please let me know! I think the latest I've had (aside from YouTube clips of varying quality) is from way back in 2015, and certainly nothing post Jesu/SKM.

• If you want to DM me, I'll be delighted to share my recording of the Melbourne show on June 1 with someone who would have preferred to hear Birds of Flims or This is My First Day over The Possum as much as I would have.

• edited July 2017 Posts: 1,053

Summer Soul Celebration at the Chapel in SF on August 19th with Koz and others..

Looks like Chicago is sold out. With Steve Shelley and Josh Haden it should be a good show!

JANUARY 20, 2018
    Sun Kil Moon
    Gundlach Bunduschu Winery
    Sonoma Redwood Barn Indoor Stage
    *All proceeds will go directly to victims and first responders from the Sonoma/Napa fires at Sonomastrong.org

Okay he is going to have to play The Winery there.

September 29th at Fillmore in SF...

Oct 11th - Mark Kozelek at Union Chapel, London
    https://agmp.ticketabc.com/events/mark-kozelek

Perhaps acoustic shows in support of the new album?

• JRSJRS

@cobbles said:
    Oct 11th - Mark Kozelek at Union Chapel, London
    https://agmp.ticketabc.com/events/mark-kozelek

Thanks, sooooo looking forward to it! Such a beautiful venue and great to have Mark back solo with guitar (fingers crossed).

@KozFan said:

Is that what the shows just billed as Mark Kozelek tend to be? As much as I'd want to see that I also felt the band playing the last show worked really well, much better than the last time I saw him at southbank.

@g0019 said:

@KozFan said:

Is that what the shows just billed as Mark Kozelek tend to be? As much as I'd want to see that I also felt the band playing the last show worked really well, much better than the last time I saw him at southbank.

I was confused as originally the show was billed as "Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon", which lead to me wandering whether it was solo or band. But now it's pretty clear it's a Mark Kozelek solo show from the ticket site and CV.

I enjoyed how different the band sound was between the 2016 shows I saw and Shepherd's Bush last year. I would've been very interested in seeing where it was going for the new material but I've also never seen Mark solo; and where better than Union Chapel?

• I saw him for the first time playing a solo show at Union Chapel in 2012. Still one of the best concert experiences I've ever had.

Looking at the trend of the Mark Kozelek album so far, my guess is Mark on an electric guitar played softly, it would be good to hear more acoustic too...

• JRSJRS

Some more UK & Euro dates announced for Oct; Manchester 12/10, Edinburgh 14/10, Amsterdam 15/10.

Also an earlier appearance in the Balkans at the SeaRock festival Montenegro 21 July.

• edited June 7 Posts: 1,099

Looks like a whole bunch of new dates on Ramon Fermin’s site. Solo and SKM.

Click on Tour.

http://www.ramonfermin.com

• Saw that, too. I would've thought they were gonna be solo shows, as the Union Chapel one is billed just under Mark's name on Caldo Verde. He usually writes when he has some additional musicians. I was thinking about flying to London for that show.

Maybe with the songs being so long he needs a guitarist so he can flip pages of lyrics.