The Official "New Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon tour dates" Thread

Comments

Looking at the setlists from the 1st few shows on this tour Im starting to have doubts about how accurate the details for National Concert Hall show in Dublin is...even under the "This Must Be The Place" heading which has Marc Almond also play another show on a different date.It mentions material being played from the full SKM career right back to Ghosts...it would be fantastic if that is the case

• Yeah I'd be surprised too, if the band are a bit ropey at playing the new stuff surely to get them to rehearse for more material is a stretch?

• edited June 2015 Posts: 370

@MrHanky said:
    Interestingly just read that Sun Kil Moon at the NCH comes under the banner This Must Be The Place(Mark Almond of Soft Cell also appearing under same title)where songs from both Benji and Ghosts of the Great Highway will be performed.

Benji? Sure. Ghosts? HAHAHAHAHAH

I know I'm in a minority but I heard DKK and CMO so many times that I don't mind that he is giving them a rest.

• @KozFan said:
    I know I'm in a minority but I heard DKK and CMO so many times that I don't mind that he is giving them a rest.

I'd love to hear them with a band now that he's touring with one, but I'd agree that the versions he was playing on tour 5 or so years ago are not worth pining over.

• The August show listings don't mention Halstead and Shelley. Considering people saying Halstead has been poor this is no major loss but it makes me wonder if a return to acoustic guitar setup is on the cards.

Updated the tour dates.. added:

September 19, 2015, Ottawa, Canada @ City Folk Festival
    November 17, 2015, Lincoln, NE @ VEGA (Mark Kozelek)
    November 19, 2015, San Antonio, TX @ Coates Chapel (Mark Kozelek)
    November 20, 2015, Austin, TX @ Central Presbyterian Church (Mark Kozelek)
    November 21, 2015, Dallas, TX @ Son of Hermann Hall (Mark Kozelek)

Mark's playing San Francisco City Hall's 100th birthday this Friday.

http://sf.funcheap.com/civic-celebration-city-hall-centennial/

JULY 22, 2016 -Sun Kil Moon: London Royal Festival Hall

Hi All,

If anyone is planning to attend the Philadelphia show on 10/10/15 and does not have tickets, please let me know. I can no longer make it and I'm looking to sell the 2 tickets for 60.00 (6 less than if you bought online.)

The band for the gig at Dublin's National Concert Hall is:

Mike Stevens
    Mark Kozelek
    Nick Zubeck
    Chris Connolly

• edited July 2015 Posts: 900

@Noise_Annoys said:
    The band for the gig at Dublin's National Concert Hall is:

Mike Stevens
    Mark Kozelek
    Nick Zubeck
    Chris Connolly

Have you seen the visual of him outside the NCH? The expression "thug life" comes to mind

Im guessing it may not be selling too well as there's a fairly frequent ad campaign on radio station TodayFM where the speaker cant pronounce Kozelek, seems to think Benji is his latest album is Benji and also mentions songs from right back to GOTGH will be played(although to be fair the idea of This Must be The Place is to visit the past and present musically)

Apart from that it's perfect

Anyone else thinking of heading to see Keaton Henson as part of This Must be the Place? I had never even heard of him before and he is notoriously shy and suffers from stage-fright but man having checked his music Im seriously thinking of heading

That ad on Today FM should have been changed a good while back! It was written before Universal Themes came out.

Might go to the Keaton Henson show. Am heading to Mark Almond on Saturday night too. There isn't really a strong thematic link between the three musicians featured in This Must Be The Place, but at least the concert hall are increasingly programming outside of their comfort zone. It's a fine place to see a show.

@Noise_Annoys It will be my 1st time there.Keaton Henson @€35 is pretty pricey but if his album Birthday is anything to go by it should be pretty special.Will it be suits & ties only at this posh venue? Marc Almond is even pricier but if he plays his cover of The Days of Pearly Spencer it will repay some of that imho. St Etienne there in Sept is a futher expansion of their pallet

• NCH is a really nice venue. Nah you won't need a tux haha. Been to a few gigs there (Conor Oberst, This Is The Kit etc) and it's you're typical gig crowd just in a verrrrryyy posh looking place :-)
    The niceness of the place and seating plan makes people behave a bit nicer though so Mark will hopefully not have to get really angry at anyone.
    Yo La Tengo are due to play NCH this year too and Bell X1 and Lambchop have played there recently too.

It seems that the show in Texas are cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.

• @mcmaurice said:
    It seems that the show in Texas are cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.

Bummed. I'm gonna be Dallas the weekend he was supposed to play. Already received my refund for the tix. I wonder what's going on.

• edited August 2015 Posts: 1,050

November 19, 2015 Mark Kozelek: Old Town School of Folk Music Chicago, IL
    November 20, 2015 Mark Kozelek: Magic Bag Detroit, MI
    December 9, 2015 Sun Kil Moon: Aladdin Theater Portland, OR
    December 13, 2015 Sun Kil Moon: Great American Music Hall San Francisco, CA
    December 14, 2015 Sun Kil Moon: Great American Music Hall San Francisco, CA

@lament Apoligies for all the unrelated stuff on the Vienna date that was to do with SKM at NCH tomorrow night but hey u didnt post up a review posting and you know how impatient we Irish are....and how we love to talk/post

I though it was fight and drink. JK.

Sun kil moon is playing this weekend on the Way out West festival in Steden. Why has this not been announced om the Caldo Verde site?

@mcmaurice said:
    Sun kil moon is playing this weekend on the Way out West festival in Steden. Why has this not been announced om the Caldo Verde site?

OK thank you.. I thought I was going crazy.

I think I tweeted about it before but didn't update the site.. then CV just updated the site a couple days ago.

December 11, 2015, Los Angeles, CA @ Regent Theater

• Anyone know the scoop on the November 15th date at LUNA Music in Indy? I wonder if that's an in-store performance prior to a show in town later that evening or if that's going to be his only stop.

Neil Halstead is joining the Portland, LA and 2 SF gigs in December.

• JRSJRS

There is a Jesu/Sun Kil Moon date - 1st March 16 - Club Quattro - Tokyo. Interesting!!

• Sun Kil Moon @ Neon Lights Festival in Singapore: http://www.neonlights.sg/

• Mark Kozelek will return to Tel Aviv: 6th of December.

• I believe that was in 2014, so forget about Tel Aviv.

• edited October 2015 Posts: 1,050

November 27, 2015, Hong Kong @ Clockenflap
    February 26, 2016, Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall of Williamsburg (Jesu/Sun Kil Moon)