Ghost of the Great Highway Reissue next year!

Well, honestly this is the first news concerning the Koz I have cared about in a good while now. Says 2/16/2018, but not sure when they will announce it in the US, or when it will get put up for pre-order here, but you folks overseas can go ahead and jump on this!

https://www.amazon.de/Ghosts-Great-Highway-Vinyl-LP/dp/B077ZCV7RG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1512830962&sr=8-5&keywords=sun+kil+moon+vinyl&linkCode=sl1&tag=lossid0d-21&linkId=73fa45c08f0ec02ebd89d4356b392184

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/sun-kil-moon-ghosts-of-the-great-highway/hnum/8055686

Comments

• edited December 2017 Posts: 381

Damn. That's great news.
    Maybe he'll play the Album in its' entirety. Ha.

• @DonaldDuckKooKim said:
    Damn. That's great news.

Yeaaaaaa, I think he's digging for cash now for sure lol

• Fuck yeah. But why stop at Ghosts?

@Grumpy_Bear77 said:

@DonaldDuckKooKim said:
    Damn. That's great news.

Yeaaaaaa, I think he's digging for cash now for sure lol

Yeah maybe, but it'll also allow all the people who couldn't buy it on vinyl to get it for a fairer price. :smile: It's not like he's auctioning 10 signed copies that he found in a box somewhere with an insane starting price.

• @Pierre21 said:
    Yeah maybe, but it'll also allow all the people who couldn't buy it on vinyl to get it for a fairer price. :smile: It's not like he's auctioning 10 signed copies that he found in a box somewhere with an insane starting price.

Someone already did that earlier this year on eBay....

April is due for a reissue as well. That is one record I definitely need a back up copy for! My favourite Koz release hands down. Plus next year is its 10 year anniversary (!!!)

• edited December 2017 Posts: 670

In 10 years will people be getting excited over reissues of Common, Kitchen, etc? I doubt it

• There is not much information available on this release yet, but at JPC it says that it´s a "one time only" vinyl-only pressing. Also, it has been in the Top Ten vinyl charts at JPC since it was listed. I not want sound too skeptical, but if you want it, I would pre-order this as soon as possible.

• edited December 2017 Posts: 381

Ordered it! Really looking forward to finally owning this great album on vinyl.

also @Thunderbolt I doubt it, too. But I could imagine Benji becoming sort of a "classic" and along the way maybe the surrounding albums would also get reissues.

• @solstice69 said:
    There is not much information available on this release yet, but at JPC it says that it´s a "one time only" vinyl-only pressing. Also, it has been in the Top Ten vinyl charts at JPC since it was listed. I not want sound too skeptical, but if you want it, I would pre-order this as soon as possible.

I ordered just before making this thread. They've already moved the price up to 21.99. It was listed for 18.98 originally, which is what I was charged. I was going to wait for a link in the US, but also saw the "one time only" in the listing and jumped on it asap

• Also up on Amazon for those of you who got gift cards for Xmas!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077ZCV7RG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Got my shipping notification from Rough Trade on Monday!

So.

I noticed this about two months too late. I thought I didn't have a chance but preordered from Rough Trade yesterday to just see what happens. And I just got a shipping notification.

So yeah. They're still taking preorders. I wonder how many copies are being pressed.
    http://shopusa.roughtraderecords.com/rt-homepage/ghosts-of-the-great-highway

• Mine showed up in perfect shape about 3 days ago!

• @Grumpy_Bear77 said:
    Mine showed up in perfect shape about 3 days ago!

Cool! How is it looking? Mine is yet to be shipped from Germany

Anyone compared the reissue to the original pressing yet?

• edited February 17 Posts: 173

As I sold the original in a state of dizzyness some years ago, I can´t compare the re-issue with the original, but the RI sounds really great, pressing is very quiet and noise-free. The gatefold has the same OBI as the original and has a nicely roughened, but soft surface. The original was hard and glossy if I remember correctly.
    Housed in a hard plastic flip-cover as they do with Music-On-Vinyl releases.
    A download voucher is included too and if they had also included polylined inner-sleeves, it would be perfect. Overall I´m very happy with this release, much better than the average SKL-ouput on vinyl so far, new Rough Trade releases included.

• @He_or_a_She said:

@Grumpy_Bear77 said:
    Mine showed up in perfect shape about 3 days ago!

Cool! How is it looking? Mine is yet to be shipped from Germany

Mine looks & sounds wonderful. Work & school made it sit on top of my table for 2 or 3 days until I got to listen to it, but I sat through Duk Koo Kim 3 times for certain!

• Had a very difficult exam today and now I'm sitting on my couch, drinking a beer and can finnally listen to this great album on vinyl. Really sounds wonderful and the gatefold and overall quality is very good, too.

Man, that album is just a genius effort. Might be my favorite album ever.

• JRSJRS

Got my hands on my copy after being away with work for a week. Wow. This is a fantastic repress and I’m very very pleased with the quality.

For those living in Ireland or Dublin specifically I've seen copies of this in Tower Records upstairs in Eason bookstore on O'Connell St so I'd imagine the 2nd (main)Tower Records shop on Dawson St has it too.I think it was retailing at €28 and the pic on the cover is just phenomenal & gets me every time

Love it. It sounds great.
    R.A.G.E. records in Dublin has it for 28e as well.

GotGH (2CD version) is on Spotify now, btw..

@lament Thanks for the heads up! Tiny Cities is back too. Now if only we could get AFP back on Spotify...